We make the informed consent process streamlined and easy
MedConsent enables healthcare professionals to use a consistent informed consent process for each procedure that is aligned with best practice.
This safeguards and enhances your professional reputation and makes it easy to keep each patient well informed and assured prior to and during each procedure.
How MedConsent’s informed consent process works
MedConsent provides an online informed consent process using peer-reviewed materials and processes that are compliant with professional codes, legal requirements, government health literacy guidelines and community expectations.
It gives patients the opportunity to review information about their forthcoming procedure and any related risks at their own pace at home – where they have the time and opportunity to consider them – away from the time-pressures of the healthcare environment.
MedConsent also allows patients to send their healthcare provider a secure message or question if needed, and for you to securely reply to them (at a time that is convenient to do so). This is then stored as part of their secure patient record.
We deliver a permanent record of the informed consent process shared between you and your patient stored in a secure location meeting all of your medical compliance requirements.
* The feature asking for the patient to add their medical history is optional and can be switched on/off by the healthcare provider based on your preference
** Patients can leave and return later to finish completing the form via the same link; data they entered previously will be saved on the MedConsent secure server.
Everything you need in a best practice informed consent process
* A consenting service that meets both clinical and patient needs
Our standardised consent information is:
- peer-reviewed by Australian clinical and legal experts so it’s always up to date
- specific to each procedure, with more procedures continuously being added
- written in simple terms to assist with comprehension
- available to patients to review and complete online at their leisure, away from the time-pressure of the healthcare setting
* An informed consent process that’s easy to access and use
Our user-friendly informed consent process is:
- easy for healthcare professionals and patients to use, with a speedy set up and intuitive navigation
- accessible via mobile phone, tablet or desktop
- Health Level 7 (HL7) compatible, interfacing with all major medical software systems
- able to be used for emergency/non-elective cases
- interactive, with the ability for patients to send questions or add notes that are visible only by you, and for you to email information directly to them
* An informed consent service that’s private and secure
Your communication and your patients’ privacy is assured by:
- the local storage of data on a secure Australian server
- end-to-end data encryption
- compliance with Australian Health Record and Privacy Laws.
Find out more
Read about our launch service for anaesthetists
Register to receive updates as we launch modules for more specialties and procedures
Contact us if you have any questions or would like any further information