Obtaining informed consent – easy, for every procedure, every time
We make obtaining best practice informed consent from your patients easy, every time.
MedConsent is a secure online and mobile-friendly service that enables you to consistently obtain best practice informed consent.
Best practice requires you to inform patients of:
- nature of procedure
- material risks
- alternative treatment options
- risks with alternative procedures
- consequences of doing nothing, and
MedConsent provides an easy online service to obtain patient consent using materials and processes that are compliant with professional codes, legal requirements and community expectations.
Informed consent that’s tailored to patients’ needs
Advice given to patients must be in terms which the patient has the capacity to understand.
About 60% of Australians have low levels of health literacy, which affects their ability to absorb medical and consent information and make informed decisions about their care.
MedConsent provides peer-reviewed consent information that is compliant with health literacy guidelines. There are also plans to make information available in a range of languages other than English.
These patient-friendly materials are offered as part of a streamlined online consenting process designed to be implemented by busy healthcare professionals “on the go”.
MedConsent delivers a permanent record of consenting information shared between you and your patient that’s stored in a secure location, meeting your compliance requirements and delivering peace of mind.
Everything you need in a best practice informed consent service
* A consenting service that meets both clinical and patient needs
Our standardised consent information is:
- peer-reviewed by Australian clinical and legal experts so it’s always up to date
- specific to each procedure, with more procedures continuously being added
- written in simple terms to assist with comprehension
- available to patients to review and complete online at their leisure, away from the time-pressure of the healthcare setting
- exportable so you can claim your CPD points
*A consenting service that’s easy to access and use
Our user-friendly system is:
- easy for healthcare professionals and patients to use, with a speedy set up and intuitive navigation
- accessible via mobile phone, tablet or desktop
- Health Level 7 (HL7) compatible, interfacing with all major medical software systems
- able to be used for emergency/non-elective cases
- interactive, with the ability for patients to send questions or add notes that are visible only by you, and for you to email information directly to them
* A consenting service that’s private and secure
Your patients’ privacy is assured by:
- the local storage of data on a secure Australian server
- end-to-end data encryption
- compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), which outlines how patient health data must be protected.
Find out more
Read about our launch service for anaesthetists
Register to receive updates as we launch modules for more specialties and procedures
Contact us if you have any questions or would like any further information