We make the informed consent process streamlined and easy
MedConsent enables healthcare professionals to use a consistent informed consent process for each procedure that is aligned with best practice.
This safeguards and enhances your professional reputation and makes it easy to keep each patient well informed and assured prior to and during each procedure.
How MedConsent’s informed consent process works
MedConsent provides an online informed consent process using peer-reviewed materials and processes that are compliant with professional codes, legal requirements, government health literacy guidelines and community expectations.
It gives patients the opportunity to review information about their forthcoming procedure and any related risks at their own pace at home – where they have the time and opportunity to consider them – away from the time-pressures of the healthcare environment.
MedConsent is interactive with the ability for patients to raise questions or concerns prior to the procedure, and for you to securely reply to them (at a time that is convenient to do so). This is then stored as part of their secure patient record.
We deliver a permanent record of the informed consent process shared between you and your patient stored in a secure location, which helps you comply with requirements and delivers peace of mind.
* Collecting patients’ medical information and conducting online surveys are both optional features that can be turned on or off depending on your needs and preferences.
** Patients can leave and return later to finish completing the form via the same link; data they entered previously will be saved on the MedConsent secure server.
Everything you need in a best practice informed consent service
* A consenting service that meets both clinical and patient needs
Our standardised consent information is:
- peer-reviewed by Australian clinical and medico-legal experts so it’s always up to date
- specific to each procedure, with more procedures continuously being added
- written in simple terms to assist with comprehension
- available to patients to review and complete online at their leisure, away from the time-pressure of the healthcare setting
- exportable so you can claim your CPD points
*A consenting service that’s easy to access and use
Our user-friendly system is:
- easy for healthcare professionals and patients to set up and use, with an intuitive navigation
- accessible via mobile phone, tablet or desktop
- Health Level 7 (HL7) compatible
- able to be used for emergency/non-elective cases
- interactive, with the ability for patients to raise questions or concerns prior to the procedure
* A consenting service that’s private and secure
Your patients’ privacy is assured by:
- the local storage of data on a secure server
- end-to-end data encryption
- compliance with Australian Privacy and health legislation
Find out more
Read about our launch service for anaesthetists
Register to receive updates as we launch modules for more specialties and procedures
Contact us if you have any questions or would like any further information